Mobile Fish ponds also called Tarpaulin ponds are the next big thing in Fish farming in Nigeria.
The mobile fish ponds use frames such as wood, pressure pipes or Galvanized Iron rods. High Density Polyethelene (HDPE) with 5 years guarantee is what Asher uses for its fish ponds.
Some comparative advantages over other fish rearing ponds are:
- It is very Flexible and Pliable (you can set it up anywhere, your backyard, garage, on top of your decked house, even inside your empty bedroom…lols- don’t laugh, I know of a guy with 2 ponds inside his 4 bedroom flat.)
- It has no reaction with water/fish (no need for ‘treating or liming’, just setup, wash with water and salt- stock.)
- Long lifespan (at least 5 years guarantee)
- It is comparatively cheaper than concrete ponds of the same size and doesn’t ‘permanently’ devalue land use/valuation like other ponds.
- Leak-proof (its rubber and not synthetic-rubber, it’s stronger than the blue material tarpaulin mobile fish pond in the market, it’s 2mm in thickness.)
- Discourages growth of algae (with the consistent water change, Algae doesn’t grow as rapidly on it.)
- It is highly mobile, it can easily enter the booth of any car if well packed. You can set it up and bring it down within 45 minutes.
Currently, our available sizes are:
1. 10*7*4ft mobile fish pond (500 fishes) (complete with galvanized iron stands and plumbing). 100k
2. 10*10*4ft mobile fish pond. (800 fishes) (complete with galvanized iron stands and plumbing). 160k
3. 20*10*4ft mobile fish pond (1200 fishes) (complete with galvanized iron stands and plumbing). 200k
If you are new to fish farming in Nigeria, why don’t you come for our practical training and take our Fish Farm tour, where we take you to visit different successful fish farms with different setups, you speak to their managers and learn from their experiences. You can read up on this learning experience here.
To see my farm and more of fish projects I am involved with, click here
I remain your popular fish farmer,